Saturday, May 22, 2010

A letter to my dearest girl

My dearest baby girl,
We saw you in mommy’s tummy again today…Thank you baby, for turning your face towards us, we could see you so clearly…and you were rubbing your eyes…and then yawned several times....you’re soooo adorable. So…the countdown continues until your arrival, supposed to be another 9 weeks to go but doctor has just told us that your birthday might be a little earlier, 7th July 2010. Do hang in there until the 7th, k, baby…Your daddy and I like the number 7 coz’ 7 means ‘completion’ and it also represents God. You are created in the image of God and you are made ‘complete’ in Him.
Girl, there are so many things that I want to tell you about…like the day when your daddy and I found out that you were going to be born, the day I first heard your heart beating, the first time your daddy felt you move inside my belly or the times we had fun watching your bumps rolling on mommy’s tummy when you stretched and jabbed inside your little cramped living quarters. There were hours I spent just fascinated with your movements and the magic of realizing that you are really here and alive in the flesh with us.
I feel you kick and wiggle all day every other day, especially when I play the song ‘Jesus Loves Me’ and “Jesus Loves The Little Children of The World” on the piano. The amazing thing is that whenever mommy talks to Jesus, you will stop kicking and moving and the moment I close in prayer and say 'Amen'...you would immediately start your little acrobatic performances, roll and kick. Love you baby...And I know that you and daddy have already established a bond, you will always give a super powerful kick in my belly whenever daddy whispers your name into mommy’s tummy...these little acts are just simply amazing...you're going to be daddy's girl, I promise.

Finally, we have already selected an English name for you, hope you will like it…..but your Chinese name is just on the way, your grandma has come up with a few nice Chinese names, we like all of ‘em…and that’s the problem. We promise we will decide on one before your arrival.
Once you are born and growing up, I am going to show you the world. I want to teach you things and show you what’s right and what’s wrong. We want you to grow in the love of God… we want to teach you about loving God and God’s love for you...so that you will move in the way God would have you to go, all the days of your life.
I want you to know that I will support you in all that you do. Your grandma and grandpa did it for me and have made me into the person I am today…and I promise I will do the same for you. Nevertheless, you don’t have to like what I like, you don’t have to make white, green, beige or black your favorite colour, it’s perfectly alright…I want you to have your own ideas and be a strong girl. I want you to have dreams in your life and confidently pursue your dreams, even if it fails so that you will not have regrets in your life…Your mommy and daddy will be more than delighted to take on this adventurous journey with you.
My dearest one, we want you to know that you are a gift, you may not know now how very special you are to us but one day….one day…you’re going to be reading this letter….and we want you to know that you are a miracle brought to our lives.

Till 7th July, my dearest girl..
Love,
Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment