Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My lovely wife..thank you

I'm a man of few words and to me, mushy words are best left unsaid and action speaks louder than words, but it's not always true. Sometimes you need to find ways to express your feelings for your wife and tell them how much they mean to you. That's what I'm about to do now.

I think I can now understand why expectant mothers feel more tired than usual. From what I've read (yes, I'm also reading some of the pregnancy books, can you imagine that?), it is especially more evident during the 3rd trimester. Michele has been sleeping a lot lately. Normally whenever she is at the mall, she's always full of energy. Lately, I notice a huge difference, she can only walk for max 1hr and and we would drive home because fatique usually hits her in the middle of the afternoon and once we get home she would sleep the whole afternoon away.
On Sunday afternoon right after we got home from Qbay, we took a nap but when I woke up she was still sleeping like a baby and she slept for 3 hours. She was sleeping so soundly that nothing could really wake her up but I sensed that her breathing might have felt more laboured than usual, and I remembered she told me she has been experiencing shortness of breath lately. She said it's just part of pregnancy with the increased hormones and also due to the growing uterus that puts pressure on her diaphragm. Although she assured me that there's nothing to worry about, seeing that she is all worked up and there isn't anything I could do, I really felt helpless.

Dear, I just want to thank you for everything that you have done for me, for this family. I promised I will complete all the house chores or anything you want me to do. I love you.

While staring at my dear sleeping like a baby on that Sunday, my hand was also placed on her tummy, I felt our girl squirming inside mommy's tummy, sometimes she would poke, make wave-like rolling patterns from left to right, right to left..all over mommy's tummy, she would stretch and kick, it was just amazing and I felt truly blessed to be with my two dearest girls in the world.
~Jimmy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment