I have always dreamed of being a housewife, [or call us Chief Household Officer (CHO):P], making the family that God has blessed me with into a warm and enchanting home, after all that's a lifetime ministry for women....but at the same time, I wanted to being able to have a business (of any kind) running at the same time for personal and economic reasons. I think 'the dual-income family' system still works in every household in today's society, especially if you have kids coming along. Even a part-time job would be good.
So, after 11 years of school, 5 years of college and 11 years in the workforce, by the grace of God, I finally achieved my goal and am living my dream. God has blessed me with the most endearing hubby and we will be having a new addition to our family whom I know will bring us constant joy and bundles of giggles.
I had a blast the past 1 month being a full time CHO. I feel really good, although I'm still in the learning process. Hubby said that I should continue on with my role as CHO for as long as I want to. Maybe he wants me to stay home and LEARN to manage our home. Right at this point, I should add a little disclaimer here that I'm not by any means a CHO pro.
I said 'learn' as we both know that full well I'm not good in organizing things around the house. I never have thought I would fare so poorly in managing a house until I'm actually on the job. Well, let me list down a few basic roles of a CHO here :-
1) Cooking or buying food
I have been not cooking as I'm not fit to do so right now, but I'm preparing and equipping myself for the upcoming months. I have compiled a whole bunch of recipes for toddlers, and healthy food for adults. Check it out in my next post. I think I'm becoming one health freak, don't know why.
2) Cleaning
Cleaning is tough work. Oh, there are 3 things that I must learn to like....a) taking out trash b) removing cob webs c) cleaning the mess from lizard poops.. Sorry for the details...but I hate lizards, I wish they never exist!!
3) Budget and control of expenditures
A confession to make here, I am not a budgeting pro. I wish I were, but numbers just aren't my thing. I avoid them like a vegan avoids a plate of red hot delicious fried chicken! In fact, I really detest numbers. They make my head hurt! Hubby has been our financial controller all these years, but I'm working on mastering the skills in this aspect so that I can work in partnership with him so that he does not have to be too stressed out, doing all the budgeting at mid and end of every month.
4) Main caregiver to our hubby and children
For our hubby - some random sweet deeds you can do for your hubby (apart from emotional support)
- iron all his clothes and fold them nicely in the wardrobe and arrange them according to the colours of the clothings...trust me, they will be so pleased :D
- make him a cuppa of cold beverage or cold sky juice when he gets home especially if he has to travel a long distance back home from workplace
- wash his comb regularly coz, maybe he doesn't wash it often like we ladies do
- help wipe his glasses, watch screen and handphone screen
- check if his cleansing foam (if he uses one) has enough supply for the month
- check his toothbrush if they are still usable
the list goes on and on.... these are just some of the things that I find pleasure in doing whilst I can coz when you have children around you, you may not have the time to do it anymore....
For our baby
I think I will be able to share more once our little one arrives...just going to wait and let our whole new life unfold and I certainly look forward to taking on my new role as a mother and a caregiver to my child.
0 comments:
Post a Comment