I'm 37 weeks 4 Days today...how am I feeling now that I'm nearing the end of this 9-month journey? Well, it would be lying to say that I don't worry about labor, or that I am not fearful. Have you heard of this notion that first time moms are afraid of the unknown, while the second timers are afraid because they do know, and they know too well and the third time around, you will really have great birth under your belt. Mothers that I know out there, maybe you can share with me your experience...I really don't know, have not gone that far myself.....hehehe...but I must admit that I'm feeling a little bit of everything now..I'm nervous about labour that is soon to occur (or anytime now), and yet, happy and excited about impending motherhood and the journey that lies ahead of me. I know that I'm about to embark on a new phase of life with new challenges and uncertainties, but God's faithfulness never ceases. Will continue to trust in Him. Ah..this verse just flashed my mind, 'HE WHO BEGUN A GOOD WORK IN US WILL BRING IT TO COMPLETION UNTIL THE DAY OF CHRIST JESUS'.So...I still have a good 3 weeks to go, if she does not come earlier..Daddy wants baby to come earlier...but I want her to come right on my due date because it's 7th July, (if everything goes well) As for now, I'm going to savour every moment of her kicks and movements inside me... and I know these moments are just the first in a long line of incredible milestones for us and our baby in the years to come.
Total weight as of today? 64kg
How big is baby? 3.25kg
Stretch marks? Yup...already showing at the sides...
Baby's movement? I'm not sure if I'm seeing her arm, elbow or knee poking against the skin of my tummy..and this happens very regularly...sometimes can be quite painful. I just feel that my little one is so snug in my uterus that she can only stretch and squirm...
Sleeping well? No. She is most active between 2am - 6am. Thought I could always catch up with my sleep in the afternoon, unfortunately and sadly I always end up working, whether it's on the phone with clients, emailing or doing some cleaning up of the house, arranging and rearranging baby's clothings and stuff..(nesting instincts?perhaps :D) or I will be doing what I'm doing now, blogging...
Best moment of the week? Had a great Father's Day lunch with mom and dad, hubby, sis,bro-in-law, brother and sis-in-law at Mama's Nyonya. Great food, great fellowship. I will add another one....we have finalized our baby's name....yippee...
Not so favourable moment(s) of the week? My dear OB told me at the last check up that I might have to go for c-sect if labour does not happen at 39-40 weeks due to the size of the baby and also considering the fact that I still have 3 more weeks of growing left (if she does not come earlier) ....praying hard. Actually, estimation of baby's weight by U/S is not accurate..and half the time, the baby weighs much less at birth. Whatever it is, the idea of having incisions and cuts on my ab is just not a good idea..!!
How am I feeling this week? Nothing really eventful except that I am way more swollen this week than I've been during the whole pregnancy. Part of it is water because I've been drinking more with the heat...and part of it is that she is just getting bigger and bigger! Oh' I've feeling a bit clumsier lately too..I keep dropping things off my hand. Probably due to the pain and stiffness in my fingers, can't seem to hold on to things firmly.. And...I can't remember when was the last time I saw my own toes..really...the capacity of the uterus and abdomen to stretch during pregnancy is truly a remarkable phenomenon, isn't it?
Labour signs? No real labour signs...BH contractions, yes...
What I'm looking forward to? Meeting her on 7th July and moving into a new place (but this will take a little longer, towards end of this year, hopefully)..can't wait..
What I'm looking forward to? Meeting her on 7th July and moving into a new place (but this will take a little longer, towards end of this year, hopefully)..can't wait..
Pregnant belly pictures (Random weeks)

Week 12
Week 30





4 comments:
Hi Michele, you look glad! Full term already hey, anytime from now!! :D
Don't worry the bb is too big or what. I duno how's the practice in Msia but in Aus we don't weight bb by the ultrasound. As u said, the weight is not reliable. As long as the preggie does not have diabetic she is fine to go overdue for 2 weeks (I was nearly 2 weeks overdue),only after that they will induce us if labour does not kick start.
Not sure whether you can insist with your doc to have natural labour or not, but the best is go natural, avoid induce even. Once induce the labour is intense, I hate it! We were told here that induction will increase the chances of complication during delivery as well. Of course C-sec is always the less preference as u will have more difficulty after delivery to take care of bb, even breastfeeding (you need to position her in certain to avoid touching the tummy).
I didn't had the change to have the photo chronology of pregnant belly. must do that next time :)
Ida, thanks for your timely advice, I will be seeing my OB again this week, going to iron out these issues with him. Keep in prayer, yah.
Julia, I remember you had 1 or 2 pictures in one of your pregnancy postings. Nvm, remember to have it one your nexy pregnancy. It's fun actually, when u look back how much your belly have grown out of you :)
Way to go! :)
Post a Comment