I took Hayley for her Kindergarten Readiness Assessment at her school today. (This may not be new for preschools nowadays). Not sure if it's a good idea or not to have your kids go through this, especially when your kids are under 2). But, there is not much of a choice for me. Initially I was quite worried over the conversational assessment, as I was not told that there would be one. She still baby talks a lot at home.
Here's the conversational assessment
Principal: What is your name?
H: My name is Hayee Foo (she still can't pronounce her name accurately as yet...:)
Principal: How old are you?
H: Two (we always tell her she is 2)
Principal: How are you today?
H: I mm good (her way of saying 'am')
I said it came as big surprise because I never expected that she could understand the questions asked and responded in her own way. Do I have to thank Barney, or Pooh Bear or some of the movies she has been watching? The question 'How are you today'? I am still wondering where she picked that up from.
I'm so proud of you, baby! (Mommy is getting a little emotional at this very moment, penning this down).
September & October happenings
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment