Friday, October 5, 2012

I am 2 years 3 months old

Hello Por Por, Gong Gong, Mama, Ye-Ye, aunties , uncles, jie-jie and gor-gor,  I am now 2 years 3 months old.  Here are some updates about me.
 
 
                                                        `~ I chipped my front tooth falling ~

How I grow
 




  • Growth Chart: 15kg : 92cm
 
  • I like the feeling being free, running around. M&D always have a hard time getting hold of me whenever I’m in the playground, parks or in the malls.
     
  • Whenever I see my friends jumping up and down, I want to jump. Each time I read the sentence in one of the Peter & Jane book “We are jumping up and down”,  I’d bend my knees and jerk upwards but my feet never left the ground. I still can’t jump. I hope I can jump soon.

  •  
  • I often have to look at my feet to keep from stepping on things that are in my way

  • My hair does not seem to grow much, it’s just long enough for a really small hair clip. (As you can see here)
 
  • I just found out how fun it is to walk backwards and I enjoy walking backwards now, I have lost count how many times I fell walking backwards.


How I talk
 
  • I can carry out simple/short conversation now.
 
  • There are a few phrases that I really like, most of which I have learnt from books and I use it often in my daily conversation with M&D and my friends.  Sometimes I will say it out of the blue and M&D and uncles/aunties would be laughing out loud. 
  •  
o   How that bump made us jump (whenever we drive over a road bump, I will say this and M&D just could not stop laughing)
o   How can that be? (Sometimes when somethings don't work, I will say this)
o   What a sunny day (Usually when mommy takes me out for a walk)
o   Wow...awesome

o   Oh dear

o   I can't get it, help me
 
o  Funny sunny (when I see something funny or when M&D are laughing over something)

o  I don't get it
 
o  I don't know about that

o  Thank you God for everything, Amen


What I have learnt
 
  • I can say A-Z, count 1-50 but I can’t write the alphabet and numbers, I hope I can write soon. 
  •  
  • I know my phonics and I can spell words.  However, I have problem pronouncing words with the letter 'L'.  For example, for the word 'Please', I will say 'Pis'.  

  • I can recognize words and read a book now, but if there are words that I don't know, I will point it out to mommy and she will teach me how to read it, that's how I learn new words everyday. The Peter & Jane series have taken me through a fantastic reading journey and thank you Mommy for homeschooling me for the past 1 1/2 years.
 
  • I can answer simple math question like additions, (on number blocks and iphone apps because I can’t write numbers yet), but I still don’t understand “take-away”, I usually get confused and then I will walk away, I give up easily for things that I don’t understand.  
  • I can color but I usually complain to mommy, "I don't want to colour,it's b-o-r-i-n-g"
  •  

 
  • I understand why some things happen, like turning on a switch makes the light come on; whenever I’m in the car, I will say,“Daddy is driving the car, car is moving fast” “TV Remote pis, I want to watch cartoon” "phone battery died, mommy pis charge your phone".
     

How I Get Along with Others
 
  • M&D said that I'm one of those slow-to-warm-up children when faced with new surroundings/people. Whenever I'm in a big group such as gatherings with other children and adults around, I usually cling to mommy or play right next to mommy or daddy. I typically don't open up until when we're about ready to go, so it's always a missed opportunity for me to meet new friends in a group. I love playing with other children. I hope I will outgrow my shyness soon.

  • I call other children who are older than me ‘Baby jie-jie, Baby gor gor” I call babies who are younger than me “Oh-Baby”.
     
  • I like to shake people's hand.


  • If you ask me to do something I will usually do it, but if I’m reading, playing with my toys, or watching my favorite cartoon, I will play ignore

What I Can Do for Myself
 
  • I can use a spoon pretty well now but I prefer to eat with my hands. Mealtime can be a messy affair at home and restaurants.
  •  
Toys/Play I Enjoy
 
  • I love Jigsaw Puzzles, daddy bought me a new set of Mickey puzzles and I’m loving it.
 
  • I like to push the toy baby pram around with my favorite baby doll in it.

  •  
  • I like my new lego set, I can build a train, robot and tall buildings with it. Thank you Aunty Joyce for the lego set.

  •  
  • I like going to the playground because I love going on the slide and see-saw, I want to go on the swing too but Daddy says I’m too young. 
 
 
 
 
  • I like to watch cartoon but my TV time is limited to 30minutes each day.

  •  
  • I like to play the memory card game that Mommy bought for me from the US.



Activity I like most

 
Books - M&D visit the bookshop very often, and will usually end up buying a lot of books for me and for themselves. These are some of my favorite books:

 
The Lost Rabbit (Topsy and Tim)
Yellow Boots Red Boots
Farmer Fred
Dr. Seuss’ “The Cat In The Hat”
Dr. Seuss’ “The Big Honey Hunt”
Dr. Seuss’ “Put me in the Zoo"
Three Little Pigs
Heidi (my all time favorite)
Red Riding Hood
Dick Whittington
Jack and the Beanstalk
Cheeky Little Kittens
Little Explorer

 
Things I do not like
 
  • Milk and Corn Flakes
  •  
  • Colouring
  •  
  • Counting (Numbers)
  •  
  • Being pushed in a stroller
  •  
  • Barbie Doll. Mommy gave me her Barbie Doll which she kept for a long time, but I just don't like to play with it, mommy says I'm very special or maybe I'm too young to play dressing-up.
  •  
  • Potty. I think I'm not ready
  •  
  • Pacifier.  I have stopped using the pacifier since last year. M&D are very happy that I'm finally weaned off pacifier.


Till my next post. 
 
~  Hayley ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment