Thursday, March 31, 2011

From North to South

Have you ever been told that if you have to move out of your nest, you can make any place work for you? I have been making Malacca work for me for the past 3 weeks. I can't say that I am not adapting well, but Malacca is not my first choice (if I have to move out of Penang,) nor is it my second or even third, really.

Following hubby to a new state for the good of his career is never my dream. I have friends who have left their jobs for just this one reason and I used to ask them if they've ever regretted. I've never had any intention of leaving everything, leaving my home, not just yet. I did it anyway because I know I had to. But no matter how much of an idealist you are, time, in the face of reality, will gradually but surely squash one's idealism because I am now seeing things in ways that I didn’t see or quite understand before, how easily people can settle in, how it would not matter much whether your work is going to be affected because it would still be the same, how it would not matter much even if the new place is so foreign to you that keeps making you think you’re all alone because the fact is, you’re not alone. The fact is, I have my dearest hubby and Hayley right here with me. I like this saying "A place is only as good as the people you know in it" (quoted from the movie 'I am Number Four'). How true.

So here we are, in a place we now call home. I have no idea how long we’re going to be here, (as I'm still holding out for my first choice, hahaha) but we will be here long enough. Long enough for an adventure, perhaps.


Day 1


We were busy unloading our barangs-barangs from the lorry, here's our little girl, just woke up from her nap



"Pa, Ma, why dressed me in batik? are you all done?..I'm bored here"


Day 2



Me and my girl @ the front porch of our house

The rest of our adventurous journey - to be continued

3 comments:

tim said...

so u guys manage to find local church?
u can contact my brother :)

Michele said...

Tim, yea, we are attending Bethel Church under Pr Isaac's recommendation. We contacted your brother on the accomodation the other day, but we have found another place. Thanks, yah :)

JACT said...

then u might meet my cousins or my sister there in the church! :D
look for someone that looks like me :D

Post a Comment