Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hayley is 6 months old!

On the 7th, Little Miss Hayley turned 6 months old! She's doing so great these days. Everyday she does something different and amusing.



She rolled over from belly to back now, but if she's tired or grouchy, she'll just lay her head down and cry until I pick her up. She'd much rather be sitting or standing with support.

An exciting milestone has arrived, she had her first solid meal yesterday but it didn’t go well. We thought our little girl would open her mouth eagerly and accept this wonderful new experience but this historic first feed turned out to be a mess. She pushed everything out of her mouth, pull a face and look completely offended! I tried feeding her during lunch today, I decided I that should try taking the edge off her appetite by giving her about half her milk feed and then feed him after about an hour or so…I really thought this would work, but she was just too hungry and she ended up screaming in frustration. All she wanted was her bottle of 6oz milk. A lesson learnt. Trying to force a baby to eat is the best way to put her off the whole experience. I will try again in the next few days.

Her first meal
Day 1 – 1 teaspoon of rice cereal, 3oz of milk
Day 2 – 2 teaspoon of rice cereal, 2oz of milk

She's still growing at a good pace. Her head is measuring at 93 percentile. I'd like to blame her dad's side of the family for the big head gene, but unfortunately I had a big head and so did my younger brother, so it's coming from both sides! =D

Hayley started exhibiting some degree of separation anxiety. She is happy when I'm within arm's reach. Whenever I leave the room or away from her bed, she cries and screams..going in for a shower could be a bit of a problem these days let alone leave the house without her. Sometimes I wonder have I made her so clingy but I do know that separation anxiety is a normal and necessary part of development that indicates that things are well with her, plus, it is this kind of attention and affection that creates a special bond between us.

Here's my little lady's stats this month:

Weight: 7.9kg

Height: 70cm (The Paediatrician said she is quite tall for her age..well, like daddy, like daughter?)

Milestones: First Christmas, first food (although it didn’t go too well), sitting up with support; she utters a variation of ma-ma’s, mua’s and mem’s. She will say mama, ma mem and mem-mem when she is hungry.

I'm 6 months going on 7..





1 comments:

Ida said...

Time flies...6 mths already!! Happy 6 mths old Hayley.
Solid at this age is just an "educational diet" to intro them to diff texture of food and taste, not replacing their milk so is ok. Not every child will be ready to have solid by 6 mths.
Maybe you can try her with some smash veg or fruits instead of rice cereal? Last time we tried Esrene with rice cereal mix with breastfeed which she accepted (mayb coz still got the taste of milk there?) and then with mash carrot, sweet potato or apple (sweet side of veg/fruits).
She will learn to love her food soon, don't worry :)

Post a Comment