Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Babymoon...

Jims and I decided to go for our babymoon before entering the third trimester.

We arrived at Bukit Tinggi Colmar Tropicale at around 12noon. Settled at 2500 ft above sea level, we expected some cool breeze but it was a scorching hot day.

We checked in at Colmar, it is supposed to be a replica of a collection of buildings from the north-eastern villages in France. The entire Colmar square does resemble Villach town in Austria. It brought us back to those days when we were in Austria, we talked about our expatriate life in Villach the whole time when we were in Bukit Tinggi. So, french-themed buildings?....urm...not so much, I guess.

Anyway, back to the hotel rooms, I think it’s time to learn our lesson, photos are always deceiving. Photo editing tools can do wonders.

We rested in the room for awhile before we had our lunch. There were only 5 restaurants to choose from and we ended up in a restaurant that serves only buffet lunch. Bukit Tinggi is definitely not the place to include in your food blogs.

We took a stroll at the square, took some pictures of the surrounding area, nothing but buildings and yeah, the bridge that links the main entrance to the square is the hotspot for photographers. We decided to try the free shuttle to the Japanese Tea Garden.

Bad experience and never will I go on the shuttle, I call it a truck. Feeling remorseful towards our decision, there was nothing we could do. The road leading to the Tea House was so steep, not to mention the rough and loud sounds coming from the truck engine. We were so worried for our lil' girl, ‘Will this affect the baby’, ‘will this affect her hearing development’, ‘will the sudden braking of the truck affect her’... these questions boggled our minds throughout the 10-minute journey up to the Tea House and the ride seemed to be taking forever.

When we finally reached the entrance of the Tea House, we were like ‘oh no, is there a sign that says pregnant women are forbidden in this place?'…if you have been to the Tea House, you will have to hike up a small hill slope which looks rather steep. Pregnant women should not even try this. No way I was going to do that. We both agreed that we should go back to our hotel. Jims was contemplating whether to have me wait at the station and he takes the shuttle back to the hotel, drive up and pick me up at the station. I suggested that that was not a wise thing to do. So we concurred that we should take the shuttle truck back together and never to come back again. Even if we do come back, it will be a trip with our girl.

We took a nap. It was time for dinner and we had roasted chicken pizza and pollo de funghi pasta. Food tasted better than what we had for lunch definitely.

Cracking our heads what to do for the night, we ended up watching a street/hip hop dance show by the Street Dance Academy…well, we are not into shows but if only we had the choice of what to do la.

We walked around the square, hoping to burn some calories. Jims took a few night scene shots, then we called it a night and went back to our room. We went to bed pretty early that night but I was wide awake the whole night, slept for 1 hour and stayed awake for 2-3 hours. The next morning after our breakfast, I was feeling feverish and weak. We went back to our room again and slept for another 2 hours before we checked out.

And oh, we did not visit the Rabbit Park. That was our babymoon, it was more of a relaxing trip for both of us. We had a great time.

Yeah, we decided to drive down to USJ to meet Jeannie and Lai Seng for lunch. The food at Tek Kei Noodle House in Taipan was good. Thumbs up for the food and price. Will go back there again.

I slept all the way from KL to Penang as I was just too tired and weak. But Jims was feeling fresh the whole time. He has just established a new theory of his own, I call it Jim’s theory – Here's one - Sleep for at least 2 hours before checking out from a hotel if you are travelling long distance. It helps a lot and I think he’s right this time.

A post will not be complete without pictures....Here are some snapshots...
My favorite pictures...