Week 12
12 weeks into pregnancy, complications set in. I rushed to the hospital that afternoon, not knowing what to expect, but I expected to be told that I will be going through threatened miscarriage. Bleeding stopped for a week but the following week, I had a few more episodes of bleeding. On a Sunday night, it happened again, it was close to midnight when Jimmy rang up the Doctor’s handphone. He was kind enough to give us his personal contact no. The doctor reassured me that everything was going to be ok. I went to the ER right away and U/S was done to ensure that baby is doing fine in there. Thank God baby was bouncing all over. I was asked to be admitted and I stayed in for 3 days. Bleeding was intermittent and after I was discharged from the hospital that week, bleeding had stopped since then. I was told to be in complete bed rest for at least 2 weeks. 2 weeks passed by pretty swiftly.
Some reflections
I have people telling me that first trimester could be a rocky journey…and reflecting back…I had the taste of what it means to be a complicated pregnancy. But where would I be if God hasn’t been on my side, If God hasn’t been on my side, I wouldn’t be able to pull through those tough times. His grace is more than sufficient for me.
Truly, “God is my refuge, He is my ever present help in time of need”. God is a faithful God.
September & October happenings
7 years ago