I have been having wrist pain ever since I started using a manual breast pump. It hurts when I spread my index and thumb apart. I went to the doctor of course and was diagnosed as having tendonitis or what they call it repetitive strain injury. All these while, the pain was tolerable therefore I did not bother to take any medications as prescribed or wear any braces. Last Saturday, as usual, after feeding her, she was asleep on our bed so I carried her wanting to transfer her to her cot, all out of a sudden I experienced a shooting pain on both my hands, it was so painful that I lost my grip on her and dropped her right at the edge of my bed, another inch she will be off the bed. I felt terrible as a mother. I felt it was my mistake because this incident is preventable if I had treated my wrist injury 3months ago. I am feeling even more terrible for not being able to cuddle her that often now except for feeding, until I'm fully recovered.
5 comments:
Get well soon :)
Will keep you in prayer
Thanks Joni :)
Take care Michele. Have a speedy recovery.
Rest your hands a lot.
Michele how bout using the electronic pump rather than the manual ones?
Hope the recovery for tendonitis is a speedy one. I recover from mine (not from using hand pumps of course) in a week time with medication.
Jason
just noticed birthday tickers that Hayley is 4 months old, that was fast! you guys did just great within these 4 months :)
Post a Comment