Wednesday, October 13, 2010

To Co-Sleep or Not to Co-Sleep?

Before Hayley was born, hubby and I have discussed over it that we would not let our baby sleep in our bed for fear we would have a 10 year old child STILL sleeping in our bed years later. Oh well..that whole philosophy went out the window when she arrived.
Hayley has been sleeping in our bed since birth. When you are nursing it is so much easier to nurse a baby in our your own beds. You don't have to walk to a crib to get them, therefore, I pretty much nurse in my sleep now. Both of us sleep well through the night and wake up fresh and well-rested!
She goes to bed around 10 now and wakes up to nurse around 5 am. So theoretically, now is the perfect time to move her to her crib because she does not wake up for feeding constantly. But I have been putting the idea on the back burner for awhile now, I like having her in my bed. I am so used to talking/singing to her until we both fall asleep. Her daddy even gives it a BIG NO to the whole idea of 'separation'. It worries me to even think she'll be by herself in her own room.
I'm thinking whether I should really need to start transitioning her to her crib now or later, perhaps when she turns 5mos? In any event, I am hoping the transition will be harder for me than for her.

2 comments:

Ida said...

The earlier the easier I reckon coz they are easily adopted to the change. We put Esrene to her own room when she turns 2.5 mths. I think transition is harder for parents now than for bubs, mayb coz we will miss their presence but it is worth. Esrene enjoys her own room and own space now & so do we :)

Michele said...

yea, it will be harder for us definitely. But we have tried letting her sleep in her own bed few days ago, she refused to sleep and she was wailing the whole time..and once we put her on our bed, she slept right away! for now, we will adopt Julia's way, hehehe..put her to sleep on our bed then transfer her to her own bed see if that works!

Post a Comment