The nurse called me and told me that my pregnancy blood test result is out, I was having my breakfast at Winter Warmers with my darling on the morning of November 11 2009.
(Actually I could have done a HPT but I chose not to as it was still early at that point of time for a HPT to give an accurate result).
I asked her with my heart pumping at an exceedingly abnormal rate, is it a positive or negative. She was just giggling away. I have expected that standard answer from all nurses, but somehow, I could sense she was sincere.
When we arrived at the clinic, we were greeted by the same nurse who called me. I asked her again….she bended over....and at that spur of the moment, she reminded me of my kindergarten teacher who at one point in my life, did the same gesture, bended towards me and whispered something to my ears, I wish I could remember what she had said to a girl at a tender age of 5.
Anyway, I was quickly awoken to a conscious awareness that I’m at a different stage of life, now…..I’m preparing to be a mother....so, the nurse said to me, ‘Look at my facial expressions, what do you think of the results, dear?’. I stared hard into her face, she was happy and excited….Do I know the answer? I whispered to Jimmy, just in case I made a fool out of myself amongst the other patients who were looking at us. I said, I think maybe it’s a YES. Jimmy, as cool as he always have been, said…."let's just wait"… so we waited for about ½ hour before the nurse called us in. The doctor was smiling away and uttered CONGRATULATIONS.
September & October happenings
7 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment